Monday, May 20, 2013

Gibitngil Funtastic Island

Every year, i try to make my short vacation to Philippines exciting and unique but I always end up visiting the sea. Yes my dear friends, I love the smell of salt and fish of the ocean. Its fresh breeze and gentle waves calms my nerves.

This year, i wanted to go to Sumilon Island but at the very last minute, we changed routes. Err, actually i have no idea how to go to Sumilon and that is probably the most logical reason why we changed plans.haha
Inside the non-aircon bus.
It was a 4 hours drive by public transportation. We had to ride the non-aircon bus which cost us php 143.00  (roughly sgd $4.50) which i find a bit uncomfortable. When the dispatcher said that we just missed the aircon bus, i was immediately thinking of chicken livestock. Yes, i have always experienced riding with a lot of chickens inside the bus when i was little and it's not a pretty sight. Good thing it didn't happen on this trip. However, the rough road almost killed me and made me want to go back and probably just go somewhere in Mactan to chill.haha.
After 4 hrs, we arrived at Medellin where we have to take a tricycle or you can walk (up to you) going to the port that will lead us to Gibitngil Island (Funtastic Island).We rented a pump boat going to the Island (php800.00 or Sgd $25 plus - the cheapest that we can haggle). :)
Ladies and gentlemen, the moment i saw the port,I immediately told the kind woman who assisted us to negotiate on the price that i can actually just stay there already and swim! I am really glad that i didn't go back. It is the one of the most amazing beaches i have laid eyes on. And, i am not kidding, I just wander why I've never heard of it. Tsk.
We arrived at 1 pm and just imagine how hot that is but i didn't mind at all. I was full of excitement. Seeing all the white sands, the blue to green clear waters, and the beautiful rock formations made my heart melt.


A panoramic view of the port from the pump boat.
                           

 On our way to Gibitngil Island.




                                               
From the left (me, dear friend Clair and my sister)




                               


The view is really impressive. (don't ever forget to apply your strongest sunscreen! This time of year is the hottest month in the Philippines. 
You can clearly see the rocks from the boat no matter how deep it is. 




After approx. 20-30 mins, we arrived at the Funtastic Island of Gibitngil. Behind are small caves. They said that there are nest  of birds inside but we did not get the chance to check it out. We were too busy taking pictures and swimming. ;-)
Entrance free is Php 10.00 (Sgd $0.30) and the medium kiosk cost is php200.00 (sgd $16.00 +) as it has a better view of the island. You can bring your own food and you can cook/grill.




Thanks to Clair for the beautiful pic!












With my sister, i didn't know that she can't swim. We rented the life jacket for php50.00 (roughly sgd $1.50).

Grabbed this photo from my best friend (google). :). The view from the top. 



Lower tide in the afternoon. Bets time for kids to swim and play.







 The tide is great so never miss the chance to do the high jumps. From the diving board to the sea is about 10-16 meters in height. I did it but with a life jacket's support and my friend's encouragement. A definitely good way to kill yourself!haha.











Zipline for those who are brave. :)



This is your view from the top if you are brave to try their Zipline. 



The view before heading to the Zipline Starting point. 


I've never been to Palawan but i know that it looks just the same. A mini Palawan i should say. I super love watching the splendid rock formations.


This is situated  behind the Zipline Starting point. 
Loooks like Palawan or Islands in Ireland isn't it?



 
This is El Nido Palawan. It's just the same but Palawan is way way more expensive. 


We had a good time doing a quick photoshoot. (model: Clair)

My heart is buried deep down the sea. Sending my Love to you from Cebu! :)





Medellin have the most beautiful sunset ever! See for yourself.


Sunset at Medellin. No filter. :)
No filter. Taken using my cellular phone. Just LOVE it! 



Not convinced yet? I suggest that if you're feeling bored and would love to enjoy the summer at a lower cost, go to Funtastic Island and see it for yourself. It sure is a great escape!

            ♥
-ROUSYMARSH-



Note:
From Cebu City, take a bus ride for Medellin via Kawit at the North Bus Terminal.
I found this very helpful information online for your reference.
NAME: Funtastic Island
LOCATION: Sitio Baring, Gibitngil Island, Medellin, Cebu
For Reservations, CONTACT: 4362031 / 09176234925
RATES:
Entrance Fee – PHP10
Small Cottages A – PHP50
Small Cottages B – PHP75
Small Cottages C – PHP150
Medium Kiosk with diving board- PHP200
Medium cottages with grill area – PHP200
Big kiosk on top – PHP250
Pump Boat / Mayor Sea Patrol boat – PHP1500~PHP2000 (maximum of 20 persons)

Activities: Snorkeling , High Jumps on the Dive Boards, Zipline


No comments: